The water's surface is calm.
Transitions from other terrains
- Murkwater Surface will transform into this terrain if Whirlpool is used.
- Underwater will transform into this terrain if Dive, Bounce, Fly, or Sky Drop are used.
- Icy Field will transform into this field if any of these moves are used:
- All Ground type moves will fail
- All Pokémon have their Speed halved, unless they are Water-type, are airborne, or have Swift Swim or Surge Surfer
- Water and Electric type moves increase in base power by 1.5x
- Fire type moves against grounded Pokémon reduce in base power by 0.5x
- Pokémon with Dry Skin and Water Absorb gradually restore HP if they are grounded
- Swift Swim, Hydration, Torrent, and Surge Surfer are activated
- Water Veil cures all status conditions of the bearer
- Schooling is active at all times
- Activates Water Compaction each turn
Moves with a 1.5x increase in base power
- Aqua Ring restores 1/8 max HP each turn rather than 1/16th
- Splash lowers the target’s accuracy
- Dive only lasts one turn
- Spikes and Toxic Spikes sink into the water and disappear
- Whirlpool deals 1/6 of the target’s HP each turn (rather than 1/8) and confuses the target
- Shore Up activates Water Compaction
- Nature Power becomes Whirlpool
- Camouflage changes the user's type to Water
- Secret Power may lower speed
Transitions to other terrains
- Dive and Gravity transform this field into an Underwater Field
- Blizzard, Glaciate, and Subzero Slammer transform this field into an Icy Field
- Acid Downpour transforms this field into a Murkwater Surface. Sludge Wave does so if used twice.