The waste is watching…
Wasteland is one of the Field Effects. It appears constantly in Byxbysion Wasteland. Unlike most other field effects, it cannot be summoned by any means, whether by transforming another field or by some combination of moves, nor can it be transformed or terminated by any permanent means.
Entry hazards are consumed at the end of each turn, dealing a special effect to the side the entry hazards were placed on:
- Stealth Rock will deal twice the typical type-scaling Rock damage
- Spikes will deal 33% of the max HP of grounded Pokémon
- Toxic Spikes will deal 12.5% of the max HP of grounded Pokémon, and, if possible, poison them (Poison and Steel types are immune to all of this)
- Sticky Web will severely lower speed
- Liquid Ooze’s damage is doubled
- Poison Heal, Toxic Boost and Merciless are activated
- Effect Spore, Poison Point, and Stench's activation chances are doubled
- Gooey poisons on contact in addition to lowering speed
- Pokémon with Corrosion may trigger the field's random statuses on any Pokémon regardless of typing.
The waste joined the attack!
These moves will increase in base power to 1.2x and will inflict a random status condition:
Moves that decrease in base power to 0.25x
Moves that increase in base power to 1.5x and deal additional Poison damage
- Spit Up will double in power
- Swallow will double its healing effect, and, if Stockpile has been used three times, will cure the user of any status ailment
<Pokémon> did it for the vine!
- Power Whip and Vine Whip increase in base power to 1.5x
- Venom Drench will affect targets regardless of whether they are poisoned
- Venoshock’s power is doubled regardless of whether the target is poisoned
- Acid Downpour additionally applies a random status to non-Poison/Steel types
- Nature Power becomes Gunk Shot
- Camouflage changes the user's type to Poison
- Secret Power may burn, poison, paralyze, or freeze
The Telluric Seed boosts Attack and Special Attack, but applies a random status to the user.