Underwater is one of the Field Effects. It appears in battles that occur when the player has used Dive outside of battle.
Transitions from other terrains[edit | edit source]
General Effects[edit | edit source]
- All Pokémon have their Speed reduced to 1/4th of their regular speed, unless they are Water type or have the ability Swift Swim.
- Physical damage is reduced to half, unless it's a Water attack
- Fire type moves will always fail
- Ground type attacks deal additional Water damage
- Water type attacks increase in base power by 1.5x
- Electric type attacks double in power
- Weather will have no effect
- Water-type Pokémon no longer resist Water-type attacks
- All Pokémon that are weak to Water under normal conditions take type-scaling damage at the end of each turn, unless they have Magic Guard or Swift Swim. Pokémon with Flame Body or Magma Armor will take twice as much damage.
Abilities Affected[edit | edit source]
- Water Veil will cure all status conditions of the bearer
- Dry Skin and Water Absorb will gradually restore HP
- Swift Swim, Hydration, Torrent and Surge Surfer are all activated
- Schooling is active at all times
- Activates Water Compaction each turn
Moves Affected[edit | edit source]
- Water Pulse will increase in power by 1.5x in addition to to the previous 1.5x boost it receives from being a Water-type move.
- Dive will only last one turn
- Whirlpool deals 1/6 of the target’s HP per turn rather than 1/8 and confuses the target
- Sludge Wave will increase in power by 1.5x
- Anchor Shot doubles in power
- Nature Power becomes Water Pulse
- Camouflage changes the user's type to Water
- Secret Power may lower attack
Transitions to other terrains[edit | edit source]
This field will transform into a Water Surface if any of these moves are used:
Seed[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.