The water is tainted…
Murkwater Surface is one of the Field Effects.
Transitions from other terrainsEdit
Water Surface and Underwater will transform into this terrain if Acid Downpour is used, or when Sludge Wave is used twice.
- Grounded Pokémon have their speed halved, unless they are Water-type, or have Swift Swim or Surge Surfer
- Poison attacks increase in base power by 1.5x
- Electric attacks increase in base power by 1.3x
- Ground attacks always fail
- Water attacks deal additional Poison damage and increase in base power by 1.5x
Pokémon will take type-scaling Poison damage at the end of each turn, unless they are Poison or Steel type, or if they have the following abilities:
Pokémon with following abilities will take twice the amount of field damage:
Moves with a 1.5x increase in base powerEdit
Moves that deal Water/Poison damage and increase in base power by 1.5xEdit
Transitions to other terrainsEdit
Whirlpool will transform this terrain into Water Surface.
Blizzard, Glaciate and Subzero Slammer will transform this terrain into an Icy Surface.
The Elemental Seed applies Soak and Aqua Ring, but poisons the user.