The field is covered in ice.
Icy Field is one of the Field Effects.
Transitions from other terrainsEdit
- Ice type attacks have a double chance to freeze
- Ice moves increase in base power x1.5
- Fire moves decrease in base power x0.5
- Rock type attacks become Ice type attacks
- Burn damage is halved
- Hail, whether caused by Hail or Snow Warning, will last for 8 turns
Due to the slippery terrain, grounded Pokémon will increase in speed when using any of the following moves:
- Refrigerate’s base power boost becomes 1.5x rather than 1.2x
- Ice Body, Snow Cloak and Slush Rush are activated
- Liquid Voice turns sound moves into Ice type instead of Water
- Scald and Steam Eruption suffer a 0.5x decrease in power
- Aurora Veil is enabled
- Nature Power becomes Ice Beam
- Camouflage changes the user's type to Ice
- Secret Power may freeze
Transitions to other terrainsEdit
The quake broke up the ice!Earthquake, Magnitude and Bulldoze will terminate this field effect.
The ice melted away!The following moves will transform this field into a Water Surface:
The Elemental Seed boosts Speed two stages
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.