The field is covered in ice.
Icy Field is one of the Field Effects. It appears constantly in the caverns of Ametrine, Citrine, and Celestinine mountains.
Transitions from other terrains[edit | edit source]
General Effects[edit | edit source]
- Ice-type attacks have a double chance to freeze and increase in base power x1.5
- Fire-type moves decrease in base power x0.5
- Rock-type attacks become Ice type attacks
- Burn damage is halved
- Hail, whether caused by Hail or Snow Warning, will last for 8 turns
Speed-Boosting Moves[edit | edit source]
Due to the slippery terrain, grounded Pokémon will increase in speed when using any of the following moves:
Abilities Affected[edit | edit source]
- Refrigerate’s base power boost becomes 1.5x rather than 1.2x
- Ice Body, Snow Cloak and Slush Rush are activated
- Liquid Voice turns sound moves into Ice type instead of Water
Moves Affected[edit | edit source]
- Scald and Steam Eruption suffer a 0.5x decrease in power
- Aurora Veil is enabled
- Nature Power becomes Ice Beam
- Camouflage changes the user's type to Ice
- Secret Power may freeze
Transitions to other terrains[edit | edit source]
The quake broke up the ice!
The ice melted away!
The following moves will transform this field into a Water Surface:
Seed[edit | edit source]
The Elemental Seed boosts Speed two stages.