Harsh sunlight is one of the weather conditions. It can be summoned by the move Sunny Day for five turns (8 if the user is holding a Heat Rock) or the ability Drought.
In-battle effect Edit
- While harsh sunlight is active, Fire-types moves will be powered-up by 1.5x while Water-type moves will have their power decreased by 1.5x.
- The moves Thunder and Hurricane will have their accuracy decreased to 50%.
- The move Solar Beam will not need a charging turn before being executed but will be used instantly.
- The moves Synthesis and Moonlight will heal 2/3 of the user´s maximum HP.
- Harvest will always find a berry at the end of every turn.
Abilities affected by Harsh Sunlight Edit
- Pokémon with the ability Solar Power will have their Special Attack boosted by 1.5x but will lose 1/8 of their maximum HP at the end of every turn.
- Pokémon with Chlorophyll will have their Speed doubled.
- Pokémon with Leaf Guard cannot be afflicted by status conditions.
Encounters affected by Harsh SunlightEdit