The field is rife with sand.
Desert Field is one of the field effects. It appears in sandy areas like the Tourmaline Desert and is the setting of Florinia’s gym battle. Unlike most other field effects, it cannot be summoned by any means, whether by transforming another field or by some combination of moves, nor can it be transformed or terminated by any permanent means.
General Effects[edit | edit source]
- Ground-type Pokemon's Special Defense is boosted by 1.5x
- Water moves from grounded Pokémon decrease in base power by 0.5x
- Electric moves against grounded Pokémon decrease in base power by 0.5x
- Harsh Sunlight, whether caused by Drought or Sunny Day, and Sandstorm, whether caused by Sandstorm or Sand Stream will last for 8 turns
Abilities Affected[edit | edit source]
Moves Affected[edit | edit source]
Moves with a 1.5x increase in base power[edit | edit source]
The desert strengthened the attack!
Other Moves[edit | edit source]
- Sand Tomb deals 1/6 of the target’s HP per turn rather than 1/8
- Sand Attack’s stat change is amplified
- Shore Up restores 66% HP (from 50%)
- Nature Power becomes Sand Tomb
- Camouflage changes the user's type to Ground
- Secret Power may lower accuracy